by Lee Anne Austria on March 26, 2018 , Comments Off on I’M NOT TIRED, I’M JUST RESTING MY EYES (xenia ohio dentist)
xenia ohio dentist
Sleep is supposed to be a time of peaceful relaxation, right? For many of us (87 million of us in fact) it is anything but because of a condition called SLEEP DISORDERED BREATHING (SDB.) Have you ever been told you snore? Snoring is a very strong indicator of SDB, along with Sleep Apnea. Both of these conditions can severely affect your sleep and in turn, your quality of life and your health. The good news is this: Your dentist is in a position to recognize the symptoms and HELP.
Sleep deprivation has been associated with these diseases:
Atrial Fibrillation (A Fib)
High Blood Pressure
And, it has been associated with the following alarming conditions in children:
ADD (in adults as well as children)
Given the sheer number of people affected by SDB, we find these conclusions disturbing. So at Brilliant Smiles, we are making it a priority to screen patients with potential sleep disorders and then direct them to the appropriate professional for further diagnosis and treatment.
Interested to see if you’re at risk? Click here to take the test!
Did you score greater than 10? If so, then you should be evaluated for SDO. Treatment can not only make for a better quality of life, it could save your life! Questions? Contact us.
by Lee Anne Austria on March 26, 2018 , Comments Off on EPWORTH SLEEPINESS SCALE – TAKE THE TEST (xenia ohio dentist)
xenia ohio dentist
EPWORTH SLEEPINESS SCALE
Likelihood to fall asleep in the following situations:
0 – Would never doze off 1 – Slight chance of dozing off 2 – Moderate chance of dozing off 3 – High chance of dozing off
Sitting and Reading___
Watching TV ___
Sitting, inactive in a public place ___
As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break ___
Lying down to rest in the afternoon when circumstances permit ___
Sitting and talking to someone ___
Sitting quietly after lunch without alcohol ___
In a car, while stopped for a few minutes in traffic___
Did you score greater than 10? If so, then you should be evaluated for Sleep Disordered Breathing. Treatment can not only make for a better quality of life, it could SAVE YOUR LIFE. Questions? Contact us.
by Lee Anne Austria on February 27, 2018 , Comments Off on WORDS THAT ARE SCARY (Dr. Greg Austria Xenia Dentist Bellbrook Dentist)
Dr. Greg Austria Xenia Dentist Bellbrook Dentist
You may think that cavities are the number one problem dentists address with their patients. Would you believe that GUM DISEASE is a huge problem as well? In fact, a large number of the American population has some sort of gum disease with an early indicator being gums that are swollen, sore, and bleeding. This condition is called Gingivitis. If that sounds scary, it’s because it is.
DON’T IGNORE BLEEDING GUMS! You would be worried if you were brushing your hair and your scalp was bleeding…well, you should be worried if you see blood in the sink after brushing your teeth. Gum disease is serious business and is a major cause of tooth loss. Like so many other afflictions, the early signs of gum disease are not painful at all so many times patients ignore those early symptoms because their daily routines are not affected. It is so important to talk with your dental professional if you notice changes in your teeth or gums because getting the problem diagnosed and treated early can make a huge difference later on…not only in your mouth but in the rest of your body…think HEART DISEASE (that’s scary too.) Make no mistake, there is a definite link between the two – here’s why:
When a person has gum disease and the gums bleed, the bacteria from the mouth can reach the rest of your system by going into the bloodstream. Once there, the bacteria can access the arteries near your heart and wreak havoc. This is why gum disease is so closely linked to heart disease. Studies show that the plaque that builds up in arteries and leads to heart attacks is found in only one other place in the body -you guessed it: The mouth. So the moral of the story is: When you take care of your gums, you take care of your heart too.
by Lee Anne Austria on February 20, 2018 , Comments Off on xenia cosmetic dentistry YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL…
xenia cosmetic dentistry
Did you know…
We are your one-stop shop for all of your dental needs! Do you have tooth discomfort that is keeping you awake at night? Call us or schedule online and we’ll work you in so you can be pain-free. Have you been told you need a root canal only to find you have to wait months to see a specialist? We treat many such cases in our practice without the need for a referral. Or are you simply unhappy with your smile and not sure what to do about it? From teeth whitening to Invisalign to a comprehensive smile makeover… we can help.
There is no reason to wait! Visit us here to learn more.
Brilliant Smiles is hosting an Invisalign™ Celebration!
Thursday, February 1st 3:00-6:00 p.m.
You may be asking yourself, “What’s the big deal?” Well, it’s this: You have the opportunity to straighten your teeth in as little as 5 months! Oh and did we mention that using Invisalign™ this can be accomplished without wires and metal? And…celebrations usually involve presents and this one is no exception… everyone who proceeds with treatment will receive a $250 Amazon gift card!
If you’ve ever been told you could benefit from straighter teeth whether for cosmetic or functional reasons then you don’t want to miss this party!* R.S.V.P. to reserve your free consultation appointment…don’t wait because space is limited.
Transform your smile with Invisalign™ – The Clear Alternative to Braces™
*18-month free financing is available for those who qualify/Offer available to new Invisalign patients only/Restrictions may apply.
by Lee Anne Austria on December 14, 2017 , Comments Off on (affordable dentist xenia) DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS? HOW ABOUT A WHITE SMILE?
image credit: cliparting.com
(affordable dentist xenia) DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS? HOW ABOUT A WHITE SMILE?
For a limited time, we are offering the following AMAZING specials on our whitening products!
Complete KoR Whitening Kit – $249.00 (A savings of $150.00!) KoR is the most sophisticated whitening product on the market today. Includes the office visit, impressions, trays, whitening material, and desensitizer. Impressions for trays must be taken by December 31st. Gift certificates are available! Contact us to make your appointment.
KoR Whitening Maintenance – $100.00/tube. If you already have KoR trays and are just in need of a touch-up, then this product is for you.
Natural Elegance Touch-Up – $49.00 for 2 tubes. This product is for patients who have previously had ZOOM whitening and are in need of a touch-up.
These offers are available only while supplies last so don’t wait!
by Lee Anne Austria on November 9, 2017 , Comments Off on (bellbrook dentist spring valley dentist xenia dentist) IT’S NOVEMBER
bellbrook dentist spring valley dentist xenia dentist
Thanksgiving is almost here…that means Turkey trots, pumpkin pie, cornucopias, and Black Friday. And the holiday music…don’t even get me started! Are you a pre-Thanksgiving holiday music person or do you cringe at the thought of hearing Jingle Bell Rock 50 times before the fourth Thursday in November? Anyway, now that the cold and crisp weather seems to be here to stay, I feel inspired…so inspired that I’ve come up with another Top 10 list. The subject for this list is:
TOP 10 REASONS TO USE YOUR DENTAL BENEFITS BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
10. Don’t throw your money away! You pay for them…use them! While there is a lot of deviation among plans, most pay for 2 cleanings and exams per year. These appointments are very important because your hygienist can get to areas that your toothbrush and floss simply cannot reach, thus finding potential problems before they turn into major (and expensive) issues.
9. Unused benefits do not rollover. Any amount left is lost on January 1st. Imagine waking up after a New Year’s Eve celebration realizing you’ve lost money. And not just because you bought way too much champagne.
8. Prices never seem to go down. (Just ask those of us in the process of re-enrolling in our health insurance plans.) “Tis the season to plan in advance. Consider NOT putting off dental treatment this year to help compensate for increased costs next year.
7. Don’t waste that deductible. Most dental plans have a deductible that resets every year. It is the amount of money you have to pay out of your own pocket before your dental insurance will cover anything. If you put off treatment and it resets, you will have to pay that money all over again before you can get any coverage in the new year.
6. You haven’t used your yearly maximum coverage amount. As an example many dental plans have a yearly maximum of $1000 of coverage. Let’s say you’ve already used $500 and now you need a crown (not the kind a princess wears.) If you postpone that treatment and let the maximum reset at the new year, say “buh-bye” to the $500 you could have used toward that getting that crown done.
5. Dental problems don’t get better over time. You say to yourself, “It’s not hurting now, why should I get treated for something that doesn’t even hurt?” Because…what may be a simple cavity now can turn into the dreaded root canal or extraction down the road. You only have one set of teeth. Take care of them now and they will thank you for it later on.
4. FSA accounts. These accounts are set up using pre-tax money and can be used to pay for various dental services including co-pays and treatments not covered by your dental insurance plan (think orthodontics needed for dental health reasons.) Depending on the type of FSA you have, you may only have until the end of the year to use the money in your account. Carefully check your plan benefits to be sure you are making the most of this tax benefit.
3. You can beat the holiday rush! With school holiday breaks, slots can fill up quickly in December. When you make your appointments early on to ensure you can be seen before the end of the year AND maximize your dental benefits you become a master of multi-tasking!
2. Delaying dental treatment WILL affect your overall health. And not in a good way. Infection from the mouth can travel to the different parts of your body and cause serious problems (think heart disease and diabetes.) Your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body. Give it the respect it deserves.
And the #1 reason to use your dental benefits before they expire…
1. Health is Wealth. Wealth doesn’t just mean an abundance of money. Wealth can be attributed to every dollar you save because you are not sick. Avoid the stress of undergoing complex and expensive dental procedures by having regular dental cleanings and exams. You will be so much better off in the long run. And your mouth and body will thank you…click here to learn more.
We here at Brilliant Smiles are thankful for you, our patients. We wish all of you a blessed Thanksgiving holiday filled with family, fun, and overflowing plates.
Photo Credit: vetstreet.com
bellbrook dentist spring valley dentist xenia dentist